maanantai 16. heinäkuuta 2012

Project Boat


A couple of weeks ago my son found an old dinghy in the bushes of a marina here near by.

He didn´t know what kind of boat it was. Neither did he see much of it under all the dirt. But he liked it.

He made some phone calls, and the owner, a sailing club, promised that he can fix it. They also promised to pay for the equipments needed.  And because "navigare neseccere est", my son started a project named Boat. 

The Boat is a Scout 430 dinghy designed by a finnish boat designer Eivind Still in the 1980s. It  looked like this in the beginning of my son´s project:


After some hours of washing and scrubbing, it looked like this:


But as you can see in the picture, there is still a way to go ...


As a mom of a sailing child I´ll follow my son´s project also in this blog. If you want to know more about these Scout boats, there is more information available on Euronaut, issue 17, may  2006, page 3. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti