sunnuntai 14. huhtikuuta 2013

Being creative, having fun and doing something for my own wellbeing

My media fast is over. Was it for any good, I don´t know.  Anyhow I have done a lot of  thinking. Mostly some "to-be-or-not-to-be ..." Hamlet kind of thinking , which in my case means "to-do-or-not-to-do-and-what-to-do-if-I-do" over and over again.

There is one thing though of which I am certain. From now on I´ll do something creative, something fun and something for my wellbeing every day. It may sound funny, but because of the long hours of work, I really need to make a decision about that. Otherwise I´ll just do what is necessary for the household and children. 

Actually being creative, having fun and one´s wellbeing go together. If  I am creative, it is both fun and adds to my wellbeing and vice versa. At least after I have survived the stages of doubt and agony while trying to be creative.

Virginia Woolf once said that "a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction'. In my case, I think, I´ll do the writing first and think about money and rooms later. But Virginia, don´t you worry, I´m working on it.

It is time to put the mood board of my life together and fulfill it, fulfill my dreams. 

Pics from above left: village of Enäjärvi, Finland; wedding dress from Home; home of my father; a palace somewhere in St.Petersburg; lace from Home; Hanko; dining table from Keltainen talo rannalla; house in Utrecht, Holland; a bridge in Utrecht; Hanko again; from Home; Hanko; a chandelier from I-do-not-remember-where; Hanko; my pillow; detail in Ewa i Walla´s clothing

2 kommenttia: